A Long Overdue Recap! a.k.a. the last 9 months of life...
So much has happened in the last 9 months since I posted!
- Took a fantastic Resident Director class through The Growing Studio with Dave Solomon (Side Show), Lisa Leguillou (Wicked), David Alpert (If/Then). Such a blast working on material from the shows with the people who know it best!
- Took Improv 101 at UCB. A great challenge for someone who prefers being over-prepared!
- Was asked to sing Drew Gasparini's "Circus" for The Songwriter's Salon. One of my favorite songs EVER to work on. It doesn't get more interesting than a female serial killer!!
- Did a fun cover of Maroon 5's "Sugar" with Lindsay Lavin for her YouTube channel, Empire Sessions.
- Had a fabulously wacky run of Rapunzarella White as the Snow White understudy. Such a fun show and a fantastic group of people!
- Was the "Rising Star" at Broadway Sessions hosted by the ever chic, the ever fabulous Cacophony Daniels. Sang "...Baby One More Time" and "Skyscraper".
- Was asked to speak on a panel for musical theatre students at Berklee College of Music. So great catching up with other alums and answering questions for the next few classes!
- Did a reading of Phoenix Rising, an incredible, moving play by Laura Gosheff. Really beautiful.
- Music Director Series at The Growing Studio with Will Van Dyke (Kinky Boots), Bryan Perri (Wicked), and Wendy Bobbitt Cavett (Mamma Mia). Love these classes! I always learn so much about the material!
- Did a reading of Erik Ransom's More Than All The World in which I got to be a bitchy, murderous queen. Love. It. and him. :-)
- Did a production of As You Like It outdoors in Central Park. Fun to flex those Shakespeare muscles again!
- First reading of Jill Frey's Mind the Gap, an interesting exploration of the stages of grief.
- The Growing Studio resident director series with Stephen Sposito (Wicked), Richard Hestler (Jersey Boys).
- My dear, dear friend Matt Weinstein has written an amazing play, Wireless Fidelity, and we had the first table read!
- Took an amazing class with Adam Guettel and Kerrigan + Lowdermilk. Got to work on two of my favorite songs in the world, "How Glory Goes" and "Avalanche" and left feeling deeply inspired!